A very common question among men of all ages and women is does Rogaine really work. For men and women alike losing your hair or going bald can be a troubling circumstance. Nobody wants to see their head full of hair suddenly start to thin out. Cosmetically speaking it can be very emotionally devastating as your hair slowly falls out. Consequently people have for hundreds of years have searched for a cure for baldness and general hair loss. So far in the United States there are only two FDA approved treatments for hair loss Rogaine and Propecia. As a side note minoxidil is Rogaine in generic form. So after considerable research I decided to try Rogaine before anything else.In the future I might incorporate Propecia and a laser comb.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

NIZORAL ketoconazole 2 Percent Shampoo

I believe in the post before this one I stated I was having the minoxidil side effect of increased acne. Well, the acne hasn’t got any worse however I still get them. I don’t know if it is a side effect that people get with minoxidil or if I just have sensitive skin. I tried to use a topical shampoo once and the increased acne got worse. I guess the shampoo was too harsh on my skin so it caused severe irritation and gave me more red bumps. Funny enough I seem to get more acne towards the backside of my head for some reason and at times it can be quite painful. It’s the type of acne that swells up and hangs around for a while. Unfortunately, now in combination with the acne my entire scalp is becoming very itchy. It started with occasional itching so I didn’t really pay too much attention to it.

However, now it’s much more noticeable and bothersome. I constantly feel some itchiness throughout the day and it gets very annoying at times. At this point, I’m not sure if the itchiness has something to do with the acne or is a completely separate issue. After some further research on Rogaine's side effects, it turns out I am not alone, many people in fact either get acne breakouts or various degrees of itchiness on the head. In terms of treatments, there is various do-it-yourself type of treatment advice you can find online.
NIZORAL ketoconazole 2 Percent Shampoo
One treatment that seems to be helping the majority of people and seems to have a side benefit of increased hair growth as well is the usage of NIZORAL 2% / ketoconazole 2% shampoo. In simple terms, the shampoo is supposed to help because it is a topical antifungal agent/ DHT Blocker. In some studies, NIZORAL grew about as much hair as minoxidil 2% on its own. Those were studies performed on men and women with androgenic alopecia, a.k.a baldness which is seen in men as well as women.

I am not currently at a point where I can see any significant hair growth but I have noticed that since using this shampoo my fine, thinning hair has improved quite a bit in quality. It’s now much easier to comb through and it feels better to the touch. My ultra-fine hair is also growing faster than normal and even though I have only been using Rogaine for 1 month, I’m confident that the NIZORAL 2% / ketoconazole 2% shampoo will continue to help me out for some time. 

In the United States, it’s very hard to find NIZORAL; a lot of people tend to buy it from overseas. There are some online stores that sell NIZORAL but no one has really tried to list them out here so I don’t know how much they cost. The best I can tell right now is that they usually tend to cost around $20 – $25 per bottle depending on how many bottles you buy. In general, buying over the internet does have its drawbacks such as different shipping services and not being able to try the product before buying. I am deftly going to give it a try; I am going to try to procure NIZORAL 2% from an online source or even eBay. From what I’ve heard some people were able to buy it directly from eBay from an overseas seller. I will for sure give an update once I’ve used it for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment