A very common question among men of all ages and women is does Rogaine really work. For men and women alike losing your hair or going bald can be a troubling circumstance. Nobody wants to see their head full of hair suddenly start to thin out. Cosmetically speaking it can be very emotionally devastating as your hair slowly falls out. Consequently people have for hundreds of years have searched for a cure for baldness and general hair loss. So far in the United States there are only two FDA approved treatments for hair loss Rogaine and Propecia. As a side note minoxidil is Rogaine in generic form. So after considerable research I decided to try Rogaine before anything else.In the future I might incorporate Propecia and a laser comb.

Friday, December 26, 2014

Rogaine liquid Or Foam

While after some further research I come to the conclusion that a three-month test of Rogaine might not be enough time. Even though there have been people who have seen improvement in three months the majority of people truly notice a difference in six months. So, if you are someone that wants to see some type of results from Rogaine or Minoxidil then you need to give it time.

I have even heard of some people noticing results after only one month while others did not notice any difference until after six months. It all depends on the person and what type of hair growth they are trying to stimulate. I currently have a three-month supply of liquid Rogaine and I believe I will buy an additional three-month supply for a total of six months test of Rogaine. This way at least I’ll know for sure if minoxidil is truly going to do anything for me, hopefully, new hair growth.

I will update as I progress with the use of minoxidil, but I do need to warn you that I am not a doctor, let alone a scientist, and am not a qualified expert in any way and should you try this yourself you do so at your own risk. I am doing this for my personal satisfaction and knowledge, but I am not suggesting that you or anyone else try this without the proper knowledge of what you are doing.
Rogaine liquid Or Foam
It turns out I have a longtime friend who is actually been using Rogaine for a number of years now. He never mentioned it before to me until I told him I was going to try Rogaine for my bald spot as an experiment. This is another reason why I am writing this article, to give people a chance to perhaps see some results for themselves. Funny enough he never brought it up in conversation with me because I never talked about my hair loss and just figured I didn’t care much about it. It turns out we were both hiding from the situation. He was afraid of seeing my baldness for himself and I obviously didn’t want anyone to know my self-image.

Anyway, he has been using generic Rogaine for years now on a regular basis and I asked him if it was making his hair thicker. He said yes, but that it takes a long time to see any noticeable difference. My guy friend told me that he started with a three-month treatment regimen right out of the gate like I am doing but then moved on to a six-month treatment regimen. Anyway, he explained to me he started with Rogaine liquid and then eventually switched over to Rogaine foam. He is quite happy with the Rogaine foam for a couple of reasons, he feels is better absorbed and it’s much easier to apply to the thinning areas of the scalp.

Now I have read for myself on the internet that there are many different types of minoxidil and a number of different manufacturers including Hobin, Rogaine, Regaine, Triumph and Stiefel. All are basically the same with a slight variation to some of them such as having different concentrations of the active ingredient in various bottles. The most important thing is to find one that is compatible with your body chemistry and may provide better results than another.

However, I sticking to Rogaine for now. I am the only one in my family that has baldness, so I am sure they will be happy to hear that I am trying something to remedy the problem. It’s just a shame that this problem will pass from generation to generation because of our fathers and grandfathers.

Consequently he recommends I switch over to the foam after I’m done with my liquid Rogaine. He’s a real cheap guy and started with the generic minoxidil right from the beginning and has had good results according to him. All I can attest to is he hasn’t had any visible hair loss since I’ve known him so I guess the minoxidil’s been doing its job. So I decided to try Rogaine liquid for three months and see how that goes and then try Rogaine foam and just keep using the one I prefer the most. I have to admit though the foam does seem more convenient however I prefer results much more than convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment