A very common question among men of all ages and women is does Rogaine really work. For men and women alike losing your hair or going bald can be a troubling circumstance. Nobody wants to see their head full of hair suddenly start to thin out. Cosmetically speaking it can be very emotionally devastating as your hair slowly falls out. Consequently people have for hundreds of years have searched for a cure for baldness and general hair loss. So far in the United States there are only two FDA approved treatments for hair loss Rogaine and Propecia. As a side note minoxidil is Rogaine in generic form. So after considerable research I decided to try Rogaine before anything else.In the future I might incorporate Propecia and a laser comb.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Rogaine Twice A Day Or Once

So, I have been using Rogaine for a little while now twice a day once in the morning before work and once at night before going to bed. Unfortunately for me, I’m not a morning person and now I’m using Rogaine and forced to wake up even earlier to give the proper amount of time for the Rogaine to dry after application. So, I wake up at 5:30 am to get ready for the day, and after forcing myself to do the whole head application thing I then have to wait an hour before I can hit the sack.

I use the supplied dropper to squeeze a few drops all around my scalp and on the back. I like to use the dropper because it allows me to get a decent amount of product on the scalp. After application, I let it dry for one hour. Then, I hit the hay for a good 8 hours of sleep before I’m up again to start my day. To be quite honest I don’t like how it feels on my scalp and how it makes my hair look immediately after application. It feels a little slippery and it makes my hair look wet. I don’t like the feeling of it at all. I know it’s looking better for me when I wake up in the morning, but then again morning hair is usually dead straight. I keep trying to educate myself on how to deal with the slippery and wet feeling and have tried every product I can find.
Rogaine Twice A Day Or Once
After each application, you have to be careful not to have the Rogaine drip all over your face. You really don’t want any Rogaine to drip onto your face in order to prevent any chance of hair growth in areas you don’t want any hair. I also go through a few days of itching on my scalp, which is always discouraging since I have to feel like I’m having an allergic reaction on my head. I haven’t noticed any hair growth for myself yet, but when people ask me if I’ve noticed anything new about my hair they always ask if it looks more fuller or softer.

I think Rogaine works; however, it definitely has its faults. For some reason, I can see how it would be like a weed killer. Besides the dripping it also makes my hair and scalp feel greasy which I don’t particularly like and for my particular head of hair makes it harder to style the way I like it. So, at this point, I am doing some research and actually considering using Rogaine only once a day before bedtime. This way I can prevent all the hassle and trouble I go through before work every morning.

If I stick with two times a day, I might try one application after work as soon as I get home and then another application right before bedtime. I think this would work better for me, it saves time and effort. I also don’t plan to use any more hair products after Rogaine. As long as my scalp dries within an hour, that will be enough for me.  I just want to do everything I can to help stop any more hair loss and eventually regrow some hair on top of my head. However so far from what I read two times a day is best, once a day will work but twice will give the quickest and fullest results. 

This of course is according to the company who makes Rogaine and most users of minoxidil. It seems like a lot of people will use two applications a day until they feel they’ve reached all the growth they going to get and then switch over to maintenance at once a day. But there are plenty of people I’ve read about who get results with one application day.

No comments:

Post a Comment